Thursday 21 December 2017

PERILOUS PORTS OF CALL

Now that I've written the intro,  here is my first proper post.


And its a bit of a downer to be honest.


When  The  Port  Of  Peril  was  published last summer,   I   took note of all the hulaballu  but I didn't exactly rush to the shops to buy it.


I didn't feel any urge to nor did I feel any excitement at the prospect of a new FF book.


Not like in the days of yore when I would instantly devour the latest FF release.


Why is  that  ?


Partly  because I'm not in love with FF anymore or rather  not with its present form.


Its the FF of the past that I love.


The bad reviews for POP didn't help either.


I only found it in one bookstore here in Ireland    I sat down,  browsed through it and put it back on the shelf.   And I made a mental note to buy it eventually.


Guess what  happened  ?


Just the other day, I went back to said bookstore only to find every copy had sold out including  the re-prints of the older books.


Must have been a pre-xmas buying surge.


Maybe it was a sign that I wasn't meant to read it.


I just have to accept that I will never feel that old excitement again that I used to get from playing the latest FF book.


I may still get around to playing POP someday and if so,  I'll post my review here.







No comments:

Post a Comment